Pages

Monday, July 3, 2017

Streams

I have always loved
Those tiny nameless streams
That roll down the hill
Behind our cabin.

In the morning
I hear their music
Like nebulous fingers
Brushing along a keyboard

They sound like crystalline
Harp strings
Or sirens singing
From enchanted shores

When I look into those waters
I see visions of life
Visions of love
Swimming right there
Over rainbowed stones
And around the hallowed
Hills of earth:
Liquid and solid
Symbolized and harmonized
And perfectly content.

I am called by those steams
Running down
the twisted hills
And into my heart.

I dip my hands in
And watch those waters run
Right through my fingers.
The way love seems to
When you try to hold it fast.

It seems a hopeless gesture
Until I remember your face
Your words
Your love

And we are liquid and solid
Symbolized and harmonized
Two become one

And perfectly content.

1 comment: